DISCOVER THE EXACT STEPS THAT WORLD-CLASS PMO LEADERS ARE TAKING TO LAUNCH AND SECURE A POWERFUL, STABLE PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE!
Hussain Bandukwala (Founder & Host)
Theme 1: Becoming A PMO Leader
What are the skills and mindset you should have to be ready to take on the challenges that come with the role?
What kind of experience (& positioning) will make you the go-to choice for organizations as their next PMO Leader?
Hear the experts on the PMO Virtual Summit tackle all these questions and more so that you can consciously and deliberately chart out your professional development and get the top PMO role.
Your speakers for Theme 1: Becoming a PMO Leader are
Are you ready to lead a PMO?
A “no-holds-barred” look into the realities of today’s PMOs, the challenges PMO Leaders face, the skills they need to have to tackle them, and why aspiring for the top PMO role is absolutely worth it!
Dr. Wanda Curlee
A PMO CONVERSATION WITH DR. WANDA CURLEE
Learning from Wanda’s extensive experiences and research, and getting her perspectives on:
- What should anyone interested in the PMO Leadership role do to get that job?
- What would you do today if you were setting up a PMO for the first time? What if you had no previous project management experience?
- Agile vs. Waterfall? Does a PMO have to be a different for each? How so?
- What are the wrong things to focus on when starting out a PMO?
- What is the impact of neuroscience on PMOs?
- And much, much more
Get a great PMO role
Discover all the tips and strategies that will help you put your best foot forward as a candidate for the next PMO Leader at your dream company
The top 10 project management mistakes
Avoid these 10 project management mistakes and save yourself from 90% of things that usually go wrong with projects
4 keys to compelling positive action
Chris takes us through 4 keys to drive position actions to tackle 4 major challenges that PMOs face today
Dr. CJ Walker Waite
Enterprise agility – is it leadership science or leadership magic?
Alan & Dr. CJ Walker Waite discuss the concept of Enterprise agility and how PMOs can practice it to help their organizations meet evolving business needs
Leadership skills for PMOs
Alyce identifies the various skills of PMO leaders, discusses what effective leaders do, and explores how PMO leaders should anticipate situations to transition between charismatic and transformational leadership
Importance, tips & tricks of storytelling as a PMO leader
Through his session, Salah will make you a presentation rockstar so that you can train your team to build captivating presentations in record times. These will not only help you effectively manage your communication as a PMO Leader, but will empower you to navigate the components of change that come with the top PMO role.
How to leverage the power of mindset to deliver projects on time
In his presentation, Chris identifies the 3 major mindset mistakes that inhibit our chances of project success and prescribes the exact steps to transform these mistakes into success opportunities
Theme 2: Settling In To Your PMO
Do you find yourself caught between figuring out what to do, putting out fires, appeasing sponsors, motivating your team all while determining the direction of your PMO?
Are you searching frantically on Google for the silver bullet that will help you solve all these problems, or going through various blogs, books and podcasts trying to figure it out all on your own?
We’ve got you covered. Our speakers will lay it down so you don’t have to go through the mental and emotional stress. They’ll pour out what they’ve learnt (the hard way!) on what you should do as you’re settling into the role, what’s ok, what’s not, and how you can tackle the most pressing issues during this crucial transition phase.
Your speakers for Theme 2: Settling In To Your PMO are
Six strategies to help PMO leaders influence difficult stakeholders
Dealing with difficult stakeholders is a common challenge PMO Leaders face. View this presentation to arm yourself with six practical strategies that you can pick out from when flipping this challenge on its head.
The need for PMO and its value
According to research, the value of PMO is called into question time and again. Often this is because the reason for a PMO being implemented is not entirely clear.
This presentation takes viewers and listeners through the assumptions we make and the questions we should be asking when considering setting up a PMO.
It then explores some tactics to determine the real life value of the PMO and how it can be seen as a business partner.
Building blocks for new PMO Leaders empowering a culture for change
Join Rich’s session to dive deep into seven (7) building blocks that will arm PMO leaders to masterfully manage the change that comes with setting up a PMO
A conversation with Kiron Bondale
Learn from Kiron’s extensive experiences and get his perspectives on:
- The mindset and attitude that a successful PMO Leader should adopt
- What kind of a PMO would work best for your company
- Which processes should a PMO Leader focus on first
- How can PMO Leaders quickly demonstrate their value and gain credibility within their firm
- The 3-5 metrics that PMOs should monitor to measure THEIR OWN performance – And much, much more
How to get stakeholder buy-in
Julia talks about what “buy-in” really means, correlates progress with the level of buy-in secured, and delves into how you can actually get your stakeholders to buy-in to your PMO
Leading an artificial intelligence (AI)-focused organization
Doug takes a forward-looking view in what your PMO will need to do when working with artificial-intelligence (AI) related initiatives.
Reduce variation caused by language, culture and distance
Communication holds an important key in the success of PMOs. In today’s evolving workforce which sees people from all cultures and backgrounds, avoiding miscommunication becomes even more difficult. Sam takes us through how unconsciously miscommunication takes place, and lays down the steps to avoid it
How to sell leadership on the need for a strong PMO
Oliver uses his combined experiences in the PMO, project management and marketing discplines to share 8 compelling ways to “sell” your PMO to your leadership
Leadership skills for an effective PMO
In this presentation, Stan looks deep into leadership traits, principles, process and methodology – and how you can specifically apply all of them to the leadership of your PMO
Theme 3: Mastering The PMO
What’s worked for other PMOs may not work for yours.
Because all PMOs are different – each one has unique requirements!
That’s why our speakers will be sharing strategies that are battled-tested across numerous situations. And you’ll be able to customize these strategies specifically for your PMO.
So hear what these experts have to say and put what you learn into action – immediately!
Your speakers for Theme 3: Mastering the PMO are
HOW TO SETUP A HIGH-IMPACT PMO
Whether you are starting a PMO for the first time, trying to get your PMO back on track, or just want to make sure your PMO is as high-IMPACT as possible, this presentation will get right to the heart of what actually makes a difference, where you should start, and how to accelerate your PMO performance to deliver high-IMPACT outcomes for the organization. It’s time to stop talking about “PMO Survival” and ensure that YOU and your PMO are THRIVING!
The PMO lifecycle – how to run a PMO
What happens after you’ve gone through the grind of setting up a PMO? You’ve got to run your PMO! So what does a day in the life of a PMO look like? What are some of the recurring things it can’t afford to take its focus away from? And what are the resources that are going to make your life as a PMO Leader much easier than you think?
Tune in to this presentation to find out!
Mark Price Perry
Business driven PMO setup and management
From the man himself who pioneered the concept of business-driven PMOs, Mark walks us through why every PMO should be business-driven and what it takes to get one up.
Using the P-M-O approach to build or improve your PMO
Joe’s approach on building and improving the PMO isn’t just about Project Management Offices. He brings his own flavour on what you can do to tackle the common pitfalls PMOs face, and turbo-charge your PMO from an underperforming entity to a champion asset.
The TOC PMO
Through his session, Randy takes a unique approach to institute the effectiveness of a PMO via the theory of constraints
Setting up a PMO? Wow them in 100 days!
The first 100 days for any leader entering office marks a major milestone. He/she is judged on the performance during that period and the opinion set during that time persists throughout his/her tenure. As a PMO Leader, you should take this standard upon yourself. This will most likely not be set as an expectation by your stakeholders, but this plan of action will be largely appreciated by them. This presentation outlines the framework to setup a PMO in 100 days. If you’re new to the PMO role or are setting up a PMO, this session is for you!
Bonus Theme: Perspectives on PMO Leadership As A Profession
How many times have you heard someone say, “I really want to become a PMO Leader”?
This role is in high demand but it’s rarely viewed as a profession.
Hear exclusive perspectives from some of the top names in the PMO world on the benefits of treating PMO Leadership as a profession, the key hurdles that this notion faces, and what we all can do to raise its recognition and value within our organizations.
Your speakers for Bonus Theme : Perspectives on PMO Leadership As A Profession are
Perspectives on PMO leadership as a profession – with Laura Barnard
Perspectives on PMO leadership as a profession – with Laura Barnard. A candid conversation on the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead for the top PMO role, what it means for you, and what you can do about it
Perspectives on PMO leadership as a profession – with Bill Dow
Perspectives on PMO leadership as a profession – with Bill Dow. A candid conversation on the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead for the top PMO role, what it means for you, and what you can do about it
Perspectives on PMO leadership as a profession – with Andy Jordan
Perspectives on PMO leadership as a profession – with Andy Jordan. A candid conversation on the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead for the top PMO role, what it means for you, and what you can do about it
Mark Price Perry
Perspectives on PMO leadership as a profession – with Mark Price Perry
Perspectives on PMO leadership as a profession – with Mark Price Perry. A candid conversation on the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead for the top PMO role, what it means for you, and what you can do about it
As part of the All-Access Pass for the PMO Virtual Summit, you have unlocked the following bonuses:
- From Alyce Reopelle
- eBook: Personal and PMO Professional Growth – a seasoned PMO Leader puts together her thoughts, tips and strategies to keep yourself personally rejuvenated and the leadership traits you should learn and exercise as an effective and transformative PMO leader.
- From Hussain Bandukwala
- Value Questionnaire – this is a list of 80+ questions that PMO leaders can pick and choose from when interviewing their stakeholders to determine why their PMOs are really needed. Often PMO Leaders get stuck in analysis paralysis during this stage and this questionnaire can provide a massive boost.
- Skills Attributes Introspection Guide – when figuring out what skills they should focus on next, aspiring and current PMO leaders find this self-evaluation tool pretty handy and it serves as a good companion when developing a roadmap for their own professional development.
- From Karen Cherrett
- eBook: How to Write a Strong Business Case – in this 58 page book, you will learn the process of how to write a business case that is strong. A business case that will show how valid it is to move forward with a project. Or to show that it is not worth continuing to waste time, money and resources on a project.
- From Russ St. Hilaire
- 7 Steps to Prioritize Your Project Portfolio – a detailed checklist that you should keep on top of mind as you work through prioritizing your project portfolio; serves as a good reference when validating the prioritization of your portfolio or putting a high-level prioritization together quickly
- Resource Management – a primer on the process of resource management
- Shift from Project Manager to PMO Leader – a lesson in actions and mindshift to make the shift to become a PMO Leader
- From Shashi Mohan
- Creating the PMO as a Safe Haven for Project Managers – steps to take to make PMO as an all-necessary safe haven and community for project managers
- From Simon Harris
- PRINCE2 Exam Prep Course – PRINCE2 is the world’s most widely used project control framework. Exactly what PMOs and project managers need to agree when they structure their information flows, define their information content, establish clear roles and responsibilities and establish good governance by the organisation’s leadership. In this course Simon Harris Ex PRINCE2 examiner, practitioner and P2 exam trainer since last century gives a completely video based explanation of how you can use PRINCE2 in a real-world (mixed “common-sense” and or PMBoK-Guide and or agile methods world). The course covers and goes beyond the requirements of the whole AXELOS foundation and practitioner syllabus. NOTE the free course does not include PRINCE2 exam bookings but as a fully accredited training organisation Simon Harris can book exams with PeopleCert for people wishing to sit the exams online after studying.
- The Value of PMO – a pragmatic look at how to develop a 15-second elevator pitch for your PMO, and what to do to have the 15min explanation ready for when opportunity arises.